enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bristol Hercules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
felneff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 15:12    Post subject: Bristol Hercules Reply with quote

Hello, I'm looking for all most everything for the Bristol Hercules, spare parts, tools, manuals especially overhaul manuals, or anything else for this type of engine. It all most doesn't matter which model it's for.
I hope there are some one who can help. Kind Regards Flemming Elneff
pbrooke

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 04:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felneff,
Did you find and Hercules Manuals or tools?
We are also looking for Hercules MK17/18 Overhaul Manuals IPB & Mod List

Regards
Peter Brooke
jaymerich

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 08:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!: me too!
Manuals, you can find it, CD-ROM or paper versions, in ebay.com, some French sites offer documents about the SNECMA produced engines under Bristol license for the Noratlas transport.
The Rolls-Royce book about RR Crecy, a Compression Ignition, Diesel fuel, 2-Stroke engine, with Sleeve-Valve distribution, is very informative.
An UK shop specializing in Radial Engines offered a few years ago, a Bristol Centaurus, not working, in some $2'000.
Some clubs of Tractor Pulling in France using Single Sleeve-Valve Bristol engines indicate having some spares.
My aim is building a heavy load vehicle engine, a Flat-4 or flat-6, the Corvair and Continental style of engine, from a batch of cylinders, junk heads, rods, pistons, sleeve-driving mechanism, and so on (110 to 220 HP per cylinder was what Centaurus delivered, depending on version, Mike Hewland -Car&Driver, July 1974- pointed Bristol SSV motors were able being run from low to top revolutions range, same as a car engine).
6 Bristol Centaurus cylinders plus one as reserve is what I'm looking for, a new crankshaft and carter would have to be designed and build, but CAD-CAM, Powder Metallurgy, Additive Metal Manufacturing, 3D printers, companies such as protolabs.com put the task into the realm of hard, but possible.
Anyone having info about where to find spare Bristol Centaurus cylinders and other spare parts, and about market prices?
Thanks, regards. Salut +
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Wants All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: