enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turbocharger system for Republic P-47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 19:21    Post subject: Turbocharger system for Republic P-47 Reply with quote

Request for anyone, and especially Kimble McCutcheon if he still is a member of the AEHS: Weight of the entire turbo-supercharger installation in the P-47, including ducts, plumbing, controls and supports, and weight of a typical geared supercharger for a fighter application of the R-2800. This information will be used in a book about U.S. fighter aircraft that will include extensive comparisons between those fighters.
kmccutcheon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of your questions are partially answered by a thread that appeared on another bulletin board; please see
https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/ge-turbochargers.42572/

One must join the board in order to download the images and documents, however, the one I supplied is accessible via the following link:
http://www.enginehistory.org/BBimages/P-47Weights.jpg

I do not have data on the weights of single-stage engine-driven superchargers.
wallan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 04:18    Post subject: Book Reply with quote

Perhaps a request to our colleague, Mr. Ludvigsen, who is the author of the (mythical?!☺) book, The Supercharging Story : The Exciting Century-Long Saga of High-Pressure Engines in Road and Racing Cars from the Earliest Blowers to the Latest Turbos, might elicit some information.

Yes, Mr. Ludvigsen. I’m the book guy that you met on the bus in Nottingham at the AEHS Convention, who had the book on Beardmore. If you have published the Supercharging book, can you please tell me where I can get a copy?

Thank you.

PS When I get a replacement contact lens, I’ll look through my copy of German reports on Allied engines.pdf, to see if there is any information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: