enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a PW - 1830

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Collections/Restorations - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmcclure

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:56    Post subject: Looking for a PW - 1830 Reply with quote

Looking for a PW 1830 to make runable for a local engine show. Any ideas on where to get a non-airworthy one?
rkammlott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 06:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a good project. This is how i find my project engines. first check ebay ,they show up from time to time, barnstormers is also great. post a wanted ad. call rebuilders they may have something. sunair parts is a big pratt parts store. contact Basler (spelling?) they do the turbo prop conversions on dc3. they may have what you need. try to get it as complete as possible. I find the exhaust and engine mounting frames are the hardest thing to locate.
rkammlott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 06:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it in mind that propellers are not cheap. they can cost as much as the engine core. It hurts to cut down a set of blades for a project .trust me on this. it sure is fun when they make smoke and noise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Collections/Restorations - General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: