enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posting images to the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Help With Using This Bulletin Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbrossett

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 19:21    Post subject: Posting images to the forum Reply with quote

How do we post an image to the forum? I've figured it out on other forums, but I haven't been able to on this one. Confused
kmccutcheon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Section 4.2.5 of Guide for New Users of the AEHS Bulletin Board has information on this. There are a couple of problems though. First, be sure to keep your images small and few. Otherwise, you will chap off the people with 28.8 kb comm links (yes, there are still a bunch of them out there).
Second, you can only post pictures that are already on the Internet. No facility currently exists in this version of the bulletin board to upload pictures to the board.
I used the "Img" button to post the following picture from the AEHS Home Page

When the image is large, please surround the link with the "URL" tag, thereby giving the reader a choice of whether to download. Here is a link to the image displayed above using this technique
http://www.enginehistory.org/NoShortDays/cover.jpg

Another approach if you wish to send one person pictures is to send them a private message and request their email address. Then email them the pictures of interest. If you think the images have general interest, please e-mail them to me and they will be considered for inclusion on the AEHS web site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Help With Using This Bulletin Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: