enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any info on French Buchet 6 HP engine, 1903?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tfey



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 56
Location: Arlington Hts., IL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 16:38    Post subject: Any info on French Buchet 6 HP engine, 1903? Reply with quote

I'm looking for information, pictures, references for the French Buchet 6 HP engine. It is an air cooled, one or two cylinder unit from the 1902 to 1903 period. Buchet eventually made water cooled straight 6 and also radial engines, and I believe this little 6 HP unit was likely the predecessor building block of the straight six. Thanks.

Tom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wallan



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 231
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 06:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/index.html

I'm over 200 hundred miles away from my major book collection, and won't be home until Christmas, but will have a look then. So, you may want to see if someone else/major library (NASM has them) has copies of the Docavia series books

'No.24 - Les Moteurs a Pistons Aeronautiques Francais (1900/1960) Tome I'

'No.25 - Les Moteurs a Pistons Aeronautiques Francais (1900/1960) Tome II'


The last I heard, someone was asking 3,000 Euros for a mint pair. (I've got a pair for my pension!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tfey



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 56
Location: Arlington Hts., IL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. A little more searching on the Internet and the help of a fellow AEHS member have gotten me 90% of what I'm looking for. The other 10% may come form the source you mentioned, or getting a few things translated from French to English.

Tom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tfey



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 56
Location: Arlington Hts., IL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further thought, I would very much appreciate any info or pictures on the Buchet once you get back to your books. Bore, stroke, weight. etc. I'm not in a big hurry, and at 3000 Euro's, I'd have to sell one of my kids to get the books. Thanks a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wallan



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 231
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 04:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm home I'll put on the white gloves and have a look.

Apparently, those books are so expensive; someone has published a pamphlet/book describing whatís in them!

To think, I declined to buy a pair at 900 Euros so that someone else could have them in their collection! Oh well, Iíll have to check what Iíve taped on my Betamax.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jwells



Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 55
Location: Victoria, AUSTRALIA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 22:20    Post subject: Buchet Engine Reply with quote

In "Les Moteurs etc" on page 50, there is a photo of a single cylinder Buchet 1901 engine installed in a dirigible.

I could photo the pic and send it to you if desired.

Also, in the same book there is a half-page description of Buchet engines (in French, of course!)

There is a patent filed by Elie Victor Buchet, in English showing good detail of an engine cylinder head and valves.

It is No. GB189916084 and can be downloaded from the Espacenet website.

Jerry W.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tfey



Joined: 13 Jul 2003
Posts: 56
Location: Arlington Hts., IL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, if you could copy the info and send it along that would be great. I can get the text translated one way or another. Much appreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group