enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Franklin Progress May 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Collections/Restorations - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfey

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 19:50    Post subject: Franklin Progress May 2011 Reply with quote

Inching along. Now that the garage has warmed up here in Chicagoland, I sanded the primer coat lightly with 320 paper, wiped it down with a very slightl damp rag, then wiped it with a tack rag. I suspended the mount from the ceiling with coat hangers and exhausted a whole can of Rustoleum Almond spray enamel onto the tubes, nooks, crannies, and gusstes of the mount. An orgy of ivory fog and serious solvent smell. The mount weighs 6 odd pounds and has 55 separate pieces. I'm very glad I didn't have to try to fabricate it, or have one made.

I have pics of the primed and finished mount, but the Alabama storms have wiped out power to webmaster Kim''s neighborhood; probably for some time to come. I understand Kim is OK. camping at home. The pics will get posted when Kim resurfaces.

The cooling shrouds need some hammering, then painting, an ignition harness needs to be fabricated, and the trailer planning continues. Gotta take some time to graduate my youngest and get her back from college.
tfey

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mount pictures can be found at the links below.

http://www.enginehistory.org/BBimages/tfey/
and
http://www.enginehistory.org/BBimages/tfey/EisemannAM4Magneto/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Collections/Restorations - General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: