enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book: Report On The 260-HP Mercedes Aero Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fbarrett

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 16:52    Post subject: Book: Report On The 260-HP Mercedes Aero Engine Reply with quote

Friends:

I have a copy of the above and am considering selling it, so I wonder who might be interested and what it's worth. The book (6x9 inches, 36 pages plus covers) is dated July 1917 and was issued by the Technical Information Section, T.3.F., Air Board, evidently of the Royal Flying Corps. An inside printed note implies that 1,500 copies were printed. The book is in good to excellent condition; the cover has two rubber stamps "HMS Pegasus, 16 December 1917, Air Office" and R.N.A.S., Supervising Engineer's Office". The contents represent a thorough British engineering analysis of a captured Mercedes DIVa six-cylinder engine, with photos, dynamometer test results, material analyses, and more.

I deal in unusual automotive books but have been unable to find much information about this book, which I would like to see preserved in a good home, so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Frank
303/237-0911
fdb912@gmail.com
jwells

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 00:18    Post subject: 260 HP DIVa Mercedes Reply with quote

Frank,

Interesting to hear you have an original copy of this report but it has been reproduced a few times in various publications, eg

1/ In Jane's "Fighting Aircraft of WW1" pp 209 - 303. This book is a reprint and readily available.

2/ In the excellent 2-CD set from Hampshire County Council library. The report is coded AIR 10/250.

Cheers, Jerry W.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: