enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daimler-Benz HZ Anlage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> DB, Junkers, Other German Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwells

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 17:15    Post subject: Daimler-Benz HZ Anlage Reply with quote

I'm seeking some details of the construction of the big supercharger that was fitted to the front of the fuselage-mounted DB 605T engine which was part of the three engine arrangement designed to provide substantial horsepower at very high altitude.
It was known as the "Hohen-Zentrale Anlage"
Janes says it was a two-stage supercharger of the Roots type but photographs suggest that neither the shape or the air inlets and exits would fit that description.
Anybody have a drawing or diagram of the insides of this blower??
wallan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 03:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather strange, but I was reading a discussion on this subject on Thursday. Here's the link:

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/engines/roots-type-supercharger-wwii-aircraft-17591.html
wlewis

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 22:17    Post subject: Daimler-Benz HZ-Anlage Reply with quote

The best I have found on this project was in German magazine: Luftfahrt-Geschichte 2/1974 (has english translation insert) Their were 34 flights with engine in Do-217P V.1 6.6.42 - 22.10.42 flights were stopped as aircraft went out of service due to props needing service. Their is 9p of information how the whole thing was worked!

Not roots but turbine wheel supercharger from dwgs in article, highest reached was 13,000 Meters. DB proposed next step using DB -614 for airframe engines with the DB-603 driving the turbo, but since their were no a/c that was going to use the DB-614 engine entire project was a dead duck as I would say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> DB, Junkers, Other German Engines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: