enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R-2600 and ADI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Wright Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjuutinen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 06:26    Post subject: R-2600 and ADI Reply with quote

I have often wondered why it seems that there were no R-2600 installations with ADI. Was it tried in any aircraft (i.e. R.2600 +ADI)? Did Wright experiment with the combination?

Jukka
rinkol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is mentioned about ADI with the R-2600 in Graham Whites book "Allied aircraft Engines".

I suspect Wright was preoccupied with the R-3350 and only made changes that were unlikely to result in delays or require considerable effort. The applications of the R-2600 (mostly single and twin engined bombers) didn't particularly need the benefit of ADI.

I'm not sure if it was mostly the same story with turbochargers, though I do recall seeing a statement someplace that the R-2600 wasn't suitable for them (not sure why).

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Wright Engines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: