enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P&W S3H1-GMD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Pratt & Whitney Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmacphail

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43    Post subject: P&W S3H1-GMD Reply with quote

Good day, all. I hope somebody out there can answer what, hopefully, is a simple question. My research partner and I are looking into the history of three aircraft types built by Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation in Australia - the Wirraway, Ceres and Boomerang - all of which were powered by P&W engines. The first two Ceres aircraft were fitted with S3H1-GMD engines, which we believe to be S3H1-Gs modified back to direct drive, but we are at a loss to understand the acronym GMD. Can anyone enlighten us?

Secondly, and this might be more difficult to answer, how was this reconfigured drive different from a standard direct drive S3H1?

Many thanks for any part - or all - of the answers.

cheers
Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Pratt & Whitney Engines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: