enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Junkers Triangle Shaped Emblem/Badge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> DB, Junkers, Other German Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellwood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 09:08    Post subject: Junkers Triangle Shaped Emblem/Badge Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone have any knowledge about which Junkers diesel/petrol engines had a triangular Junkers emblem/badge mounted on them similar to that shown in the link below. It's about an inch and a half along each edge.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/197966832@N02/52772769753/in/dateposted-public/

I don't think the early diesels did, but I've seen photos of Jumo 210's and 211's with one attached. I guess with materials shortages during the war, something like this may not have been fitted to save on the metal.

If possible, trying to identify the specific engine type the badge might have been attached to - probably a long shot.

Any help appreciated.
wallan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:56    Post subject: Drawing Reply with quote

The Ju nkers badge is called the Something Man. There is a dimensioned drawing of the badge in this book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hugo-Junkers-Aircraft-Gunter-Scmitt/dp/3344003038/ref=sr_1_74?crid=2MDJWBCCFTCO7&keywords=junkers+book+aircraft&qid=1706550661&sprefix=junkers+book+aircraft%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-74
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> DB, Junkers, Other German Engines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: