enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

engine component drawings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsewell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 14:55    Post subject: engine component drawings Reply with quote

i am a pro/e user by trade and hobby and have been trying for years to find component/assembly drawings for antique aircraft engines to create CAD solid models, run simulations, etc, but i have found very little information for reference. i know it has to be out there for the engine modelers to base their creations from, but after googling for years now, i can't find anything. surely drawings for an r-4360 or the like can't still be proprietary. any information would be appreciated.
rcore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the level of accuracy you need, you might try what I've been doing. Here's Luke Hobbs and Andy Willgoos' patent for the R-4360:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/2426879.pdf

Also search up 871 thru 878. There are earlier ones for the cylinder heads, but I can't remember the numbers.

Anyway, this is admittedly crude, but I've been scaling these drawings up to create a CATIA V5 model. We know the bore is 5.75" and the stroke is 6", so with a achinist's scale, a magnifying glass and a calculator you can get pretty close with the rest. I figure that'll do until I get better information.

Of course, it would be nice to know tha actual row-spacing dimensions and crank pin and main bearing diameters, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Wants All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: