enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RUNNING OF AN DAIMLER D.III ENGINE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 06:23    Post subject: RUNNING OF AN DAIMLER D.III ENGINE Reply with quote

I was checking to see if the English language CD-ROM of the Oberursel Rotary Engine had been issued when I found their latest idea. Little films on DVD about some items we might be interested in, this one in particular.

BALLANCING OF AN AXIAL AIRSCREW AND RUNNING OF AN DAIMLER D.III ENGINE

"This movie was shot during the final acceptance run of the original Daimler D.III six cylinder engine which will power a reproduction of a early Fokker built Fokker D.VII.

Sequences in this clip show the final ballancing of a new repro Axial type airscrew as it was driven by this very engine, the installing of this airscrew to the engine hub and the engine, the start up procedure of the six cylinder aero engine and the final acceptance run of engine and airscrew by the German aviation authorities"

http://www.collectors-edition.de/f-t-s_buchbestellung_english.htm

I don't have a DVD player as my computer is zapped: has anyone seen this in real life?

PS I cut and pasted from the webpage so don't blame me for the spelling errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: