enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French language book on Pierre Clerget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:53    Post subject: French language book on Pierre Clerget Reply with quote

I don’t know how many of our members will be interested, but the subscription quota of 250 advanced orders, for the publication of the biography of Pierre Clerget has been met, and the book is due to be published, in French, sometime in March 2004. Given that it will have 290 pages, with 400 photographs, and will be published for only 22 Euros + p/p, perhaps it might be worthwhile just for the photographs. Do we have any French language speakers who intend buying a copy, and who might like to review it? (I’m buying a copy, no matter what) I’ll put up the contact details if asked.

Pre-orders before 31st January 2004 get it for 18 Euros + p/p.
jfairchild

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 17:22    Post subject: Clerget Book Reply with quote

Bill,
Sounds good. Could you post the contact details?
Thanks for the reply to my Glasgow enquiry.
Cheers.
wallan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 03:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve looked at the official French order page,

http://www.hydroretro.net/etudegh/souscriptionclerget.html

and the translated link to get to it, (there is a pdf file about Clerget engines on the translated link: some nice pictures of the engines. Unfortunately, the article by his daughter has been removed from the site as this is the preface to the book. From memory, it was good)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://pgts.free.fr/etudegh/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLes%2BMoteurs%2B%25C3%25A0%2BPistons%2B%26start%3D30%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN (click the “more infos” link in the first box)

and my take on the ordering situation is that they want cheques sent, prior to March publication date, and that p/p in France is free. I’m going to check with a French speaker, and will then enquire via e-mail if they take credit cards, and what the total postage will be to countries around the world. I’ll also check some booksellers, who have supplied me with French language aviation books before. (on another note, I understand that the two Docavia books on French aero-engines have been republished under a different name)

I can recommend the pdf files available on the translated page, above: unfortunately, they are still in French, but the photographs should wet your appetite.

Glad I could be of help for your visit to Glasgow. If you need any more details just give me a shout.

Cheers, Bill.
wallan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 06:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a copy on www.amazon.fr, and they posted it this morning.
lmoretti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 23:58    Post subject: Clerget Book Reply with quote

A French colleague received it for Christmas from his father and has lent me the book a week or so ago.
Excellent reading. Sometimes the technical portion could be more thorough, but this is a very personal opinion (technical stuff is never enough).
Well worth trying to get it.
Also the quality of the pictures is good even though it is not printed on glossy paper.
Have fun,
Luigi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: