enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all engineers !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szielinski

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 04:24    Post subject: Calling all engineers !! Reply with quote

I am trying to develop a new sleeve-valve engine idea. I need to determine what the intersection area is at any point along the locus a shape takes that intersects another stationary shape, ie the ports and sleeve ports in a sleeve valve engine. I have access to MathCAD 6.0 (old, I know) but if anyone has a worksheet that might help I would appreciate it.
Also if someone can point me to a where I could find information on the composition of sleeve materials – eg KE.965
Thanks in advance
mmraz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:13    Post subject: Re: Calling all engineers !! Reply with quote

szielinski wrote:
I need to determine what the intersection area is at any point along the locus a shape takes that intersects another stationary shape

What are you trying to find exactly? Port area as a function of crankshaft angle? You might try a numeric (computer-aided) or graphical solution instead of beating your brains out looking for an analytic solution (i.e., a formula).

Have you looked for material written about or by Sir Harry Ricardo and Sir Roy Fedden? Do you have access to a first-rate library (preferably an engineering library at a major university)?
szielinski

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essentially, yes, port-area as a function of crank angle (ignoring con-rod length for the moment).
No, I don't readily have access to a major university library.
I have got a copy of the Crecy book from the RRHT, nothing in it except a graph of port area/crank angle, nothing to do with how they calculated the port area.
Any ideas on a program that might calculate with a graphical method ?
sithomas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 years late, but here it is:
K.E. 965 is 0.4% C, 13.5% Ni, 13% Cr, 0.55% Mo, 2.75% W and 1.5% Si. Fe balance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: