enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R-2800 Water Injection Regulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Pratt & Whitney Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wstuddert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 19:13    Post subject: R2800 Water Injection Regulator Reply with quote

G'day, I am involved in the maintenance of PWA2800 'CB' series engines fitted on a Convair 440 airplane. What I'm after is a manual for the Anti Detination Injection (water injection) regulator. The engine maintenance manual refers to a, Part Number 270430, Water Regulator Overhaul & Maintenance Manual. If anyone has a copy of the manual that we can get a copy of it we would appreciate it.
The airplane maintenance manual shows 'metered fuel' ports on the mount face of the regulator, but the training manual schematic does not show where this pressure is applied. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Wayne
mhamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck? I have a CB16 that has the water injection unit. I will not use it but it needs to be installed for fuel to get to the fuel feed valve...
wstuddert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 17:03    Post subject: 2800 waterinjection regulator Reply with quote

Thanks for you post. Thanks to the AEHS contacts, I was able to get a copy of the OHM. We had done an engine change and there was a coating on the mounting surface and I was after type details of that coating. Sadly the airplane has been inoperative for some time, and now the inhibiting of the engines is the next priority.
mhamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there used to be lots more traffic here. I am mounting my motor on a truck, so I don’t need to be too picky about airworthiness stuff... I will start the engine within a year. I need to set up my fuel pump and pre Oiler pump. Then the starter and all the gauges...
wstuddert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoke, noise and flame, how good is that. Hope it goes well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Pratt & Whitney Engines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: