enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thanks for the update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> British Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkammlott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 06:36    Post subject: thanks for the update Reply with quote

thanks Dave for that info. the threads are 14mm on the head side and bs on the plug ends. The merlin plugs may not be correct for this engine but should fit the harness . thats why i was looking for a set. then I saw the price tag!! Im going to do the auto conversion spark plug unless some thing turns up. its a ground runner and never going in the air under my ownership.
dirwin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 16:19    Post subject: Merlin spark plugs Reply with quote

The plugs used varied over time from early to later engine. If you can advise which engine you are working on I will try and identify which plugs.

However, I am sure that there are several 14mm plugs that will work fine for a ground runner.

For RR Merlin II/III, they use:
KLG RV 14/4
Lodge RA 14/4
- Gap 0.012" - 0.015"

For later Mk22 - 24:
Lodge RS type 5/7
KLG type RC5/4
AC type RZ5
- Gap 0.020" + 0.002"

For my engines, I have fitted Lodge RS5/7.

Availability of plugs can be a problem; RS5/5 used in DeHavilland Gypsy engines will suffice for ground running at low boost.

Regards,

DAI
rkammlott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 06:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything would be helpful!! the engine is a armstrong sddeley cheetah x radial engine. I need a full set of plugs. and some other impossible parts to locate. Carb and manifold, 1 cylinder (complete) and a few rocker covers. any leads or thoughts would be great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> British Engines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: