enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for dimensions for the R-1340 Wasp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Pratt & Whitney Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbuckmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 08:58    Post subject: Looking for dimensions for the R-1340 Wasp Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm new around here, but it looks like there is lots of amazing stuff and great folks to meet.

I'm working on some detailed drawings for the CAC Wirraway aircraft, which was powered by a CAC-built R-1340 S1H1-G engine. I'm trying to find detailed dimensions for this engine (or any other R-1340 model, since the difference on the geared engine was the front housing) which can help me with my CAD drawings.

I have copies of all the engine manuals, with lots of helpful sectional drawings (clearance diagrams), but sadly there are no dimensions shown. Of course I can scale the drawings from the known bore and stroke, but that's not quite accurate enough for the 3D CAD model which I'm creating.

I've collected a bunch of information regarding the engine, and loaded some of it onto my page of drawings, here:

https://dbdesignbureau.net/

Any help would be greatly welcomed!

I've also loaded a bunch of photos of the Australian-built version on my Flikr page in case anyone is interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46332425@N04/sets/72157625357618053/

Regards,
Derek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Pratt & Whitney Engines All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: