enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pegasus (Harrier) engine book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 06:31    Post subject: Pegasus (Harrier) engine book Reply with quote

Pegasus - The Heart of the Harrier: The History and Development of the World's First Operational Vertical Take-Off and Landing Jet Engine

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pegasus-Development-Operational-Vertical-Take-Off/dp/184884042X/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233577253&sr=1-16
wallan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to Mr Wells' message, W H Smiths are offering it for £19.20. (pre-order)
wallan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 05:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy arrived last night. I’m currently working my way through the new Airfix book (and assembling lots of RNLI jigsaws for calendars; don’t ask) and the Electric Boat story arrived as well, but the Pegasus book is an impressive and hefty tome. When I get a chance to read it, I’ll let you know my impressions. (I’m still trying to think of some way of being polite about the book The Man Who Supercharged Bond)
wallan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 07:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started reading this book at the weekend. Nice & thick, 520 pages printed to the same standard as other Pen & Sword publications. I found the first few chapters to be slightly annoying due to the author's habit of ‘assuming’ what Michel Wibault ‘must have done’ to come to some point. However, as he started to get further into the technical issues, and the personalities involved in the design, his writing has become much better and I am starting to enjoy this book. I only had an hour or two to read the first hundred plus pages, but the book seems to be very thorough, (footnotes abound) and I’m pleased that I have a copy. Has anyone else an opinion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: