enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New book about German military manufacturers codes of WW2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmccutcheon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 05:48    Post subject: New book about German military manufacturers codes of WW2 Reply with quote

I recently received the following e-mail about a book that may be useful to those doing detailed research on German aircraft engines and accessories. The author is unfamiliar to me, but appears to have written another book on German rifle grenades.

Dear friends and collectors,

After many years of hard work, my book "Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945" about the secret German manufacturers codes of WW2 is now finished.
These codes were used to cover the manufacturers names on weapons, ammunition and every other kind of military equipment like parts of airplanes, vehicles, ships or radio equipment.

The book has more than 500 pages, is sorted in two ways (after codes and after company-names), contains ALL code systems (abbreviations, number-codes, letter-codes, LDO-numbers for medals & insignias and the RZM-numbers for NSDAP- & SS-equipment). The official list with letter codes ends with "ozz", but I was able to add three pages of later codes.

And the best fact: The foreword and the text is written in German and English!

The part with the codes is not translated, because there is not much to translate. But I have forced the publisher to print the text in English language too. I think it's very important to know the background and the development of the code systems. I have found many original documents in archives to reproduce the way of the development step by step.

There will be no commercial distribution to dealers outside Germany, so if someone might be interested, I can only send books from me.

If someone is interested, the price is 35,- EUR in Europe incl. postage.
To the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan it's 63 USD for a single book by airmail incl. postage.

And if you like I can sign the book for you.

I have attached some pics!
(please see http://www.enginehistory.org/Misc/CodeBook/index.html )

With best wishes from Germany
Michael Heidler
GGBuch@web.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: