enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Packard and Liberty and other pre-WW II water-cooled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Authors' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rneal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 18:52    Post subject: Packard and Liberty and other pre-WW II water-cooled Reply with quote

My aero engine interests started some 15 years ago as an offshoot of an interest in Packard autos (which I have been driving almost constantly since I learned to drive in one back in 1949). I researched the aero and marine engines of Packard and their uses and published the books Packards At Speed and Master Motor Builders. From that, I became interested in the Liberty engine, which was built by Packard, among others. I am now putting together a book on the History of the Liberty. It is well along but there are still some items I would like to find (see the wants column). The amount of material to be found on the history of the Liberty and its various uses is absolutely astounding. This book will be in the 300-400 page size and will not dent the mateial I have. Of course, one cannot print all the tests. etc. I am also interested in any pre WW II water-cooled aero engine and have a number of manuals for them as well as an extensive set of Wright and P & W manuals.

Robert J. Neal
rjneal0000@aol.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Authors' Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: