enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Junkers Flugtriebwerke book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 07:09    Post subject: Junkers Flugtriebwerke book Reply with quote

I don't know how this one slipped by my radar, but has any member read this book? (I know it's in German) It's not even on the Hugo Junkers website.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/3925505792/qid=1143205164/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_0_4/026-4015191-5174050
pshort

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 05:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember where I came across mention of this book, it may have even been on this forum. Anyway, this one is available at Amazon:

"Junkers Aircraft & Engines, 1913-1945" by Antony L. Kay and Paul Couper. Putnam Aviation, US$41.
Anyone seen this one?

BTW, I am interested to know if anyone out there has bought the "Junkers Flugtriebwerke" book, in particular to know if it has all the pages. I have just been given a copy because it is missing pages 65 - 80 (and duplicates of pages 49 - 64). It is a very nice book - if they published an English language version I would buy it immeadiately.

edit note. added correct authors name.

Last edited by pshort on Sun Jun 04, 2006 06:50; edited 1 time in total
wallan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 02:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that my copy had additional pages. (I meant to ask our members about this, before, but work has been crazy at the moment, and it slipped my mind) I'll check if there are any pages missing. It really is an impressive book, even in German.

I've got the Junkers aircraft and engines book.
jwells

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 00:28    Post subject: New Junkers Aero-engine book Reply with quote

My copy of this book (Junkers Flugtriebewerke - Muller) has 15 pages duplicated (and, therefore, 15 missing!). I complained to Amazon.de and they sent another copy with exactly the same fault!! I suspect the entire print run has been ruined; if so, I feel very sorry for the author who probably put years of work into the production.

However, as far as I can tell, the missing section deals only with early company history so this book still gives an excellent pictorial history of the Junkers piston and jet aero-engines.

It is a top quality presentation - hard cover, 28.5cmX20cm, 382 pages, quality paper, excellent photo reproduction and 8 pages of colour.
If only the Germans would do a version in English!

Jerry Wells.

Last edited by jwells on Thu Aug 24, 2006 23:08; edited 1 time in total
wallan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 06:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in New Jersey, at the moment, and have my copy with me. (I, also, have Projekt Natter, Karl Maybach: his engines and automobiles, plus some other books and stuff on CD. I've brought a paper copy of Enemy Aircraft Engines if anyone want to put it through a photocopier. I didn't bring 'Dieselmotoren für die Luftfahrt' as it is in German with no illustrations: it seems to be a history book written along economics lines, rather like Constant's 'Origins of the Turbojet Revolution, which I'm sure that one or two of our members found begins with a chapter that is difficult to plough through) and it is showing the same fault.

See you all Thursday!
jjuutinen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, on another board I had a chance to ask another owner of Reinhard Müller´s Junkers engines book and he said that his copy does not have the faults described heretofore. So, intact copies should be available. I don´t have the book but given the topic I might have to, even if it is in German.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Book, Mags, Films, Recordings, Reference All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: