enginehistory.org Forum Index enginehistory.org
Aircraft Engine Historical Society Members' Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rochester, NY built engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Non-Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrstewart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 15:52    Post subject: Rochester, NY built engines Reply with quote

Looking for information on Rochester, NY built engines including Elbridge and Orlo. Also interested in Rochester built Aircraft.
vthomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm located here under the gray skies in Rochester, NY. I'm also interested in the Elbridge engines, and Rochester built aircraft. I was involved in the recreation of the Taylor Chummy that hangs at the airport. Also currently building a 1911 Curtiss Pusher to hang alongside the Chummy.
jrstewart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably should have added that I am also interested in Rochester Made marine and automotive engines too. I have done quite a bit of research on the subjects, and have a long way to go.

Here are some of the fruits of my labors:

http://www.s363.com/Rochester/index.html

I would like to do a small page on the Taylor Brothers Company next. Also have plenty to update there.

John Stewart
vthomas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 06:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also don't forget the Cunningham-Hall company. They built several aircraft during the 30's. One is currently on display at the Niagra Air Museum, and another still flies with a museum in Minnesota.
vthomas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 06:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot to mention that Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome has an Elbridge engine. I was going to restore that to running condition for them before the troubles there began.
jrstewart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 07:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if I gave a link for what I have so far on Rochester engines.

http://www.s363.com/Rochester

I have a histrory of the Jas Cunningham Co, which talks about Cunningham-Hall. Also for some other info on the net.

Check out what I have so far on Elbridge. Just found the factory on the 1910 Plat map.

Also got some photo copies of trebert engine photos from the NASM.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    enginehistory.org Forum Index -> Non-Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: